What a wonderful morning of worship at Bethel! Pastor Tim continued his series on “How Do We Know the Bible is True?”, we introduced a great new song by Kristian Stanfill and aside from a broken guitar string in the Cafe (sorry, Zack!), everything went great! Pastor Tim also included a clip from the Crazy Love study by Francis Chan – man, he can communicate! We also recognized our amazing high school graduates this morning! This post is part of the Sunday Setlists blog carnival at The Worship Community.
Today we had the Worship Choir sing along with the team, and that always adds another level of energy that seems to spur on the congregation in worship. We also had Brandon Hughes on the drums for the first time today, and he did a great job! All of our regular drummers weren’t available, and Brandon has been playing for the youth worship band. He did an excellent job – and he even said he was willing to do it again sometime!! Score! You can watch the video of the service and see the Planning Center details.
“Today Is the Day” (Lincoln Brewster and Paul Baloche)
– We used Paul Baloche’s version today again, and I have to say I think I like it even better than the original! The flow of this arrangement seems to work better, and easier to sing.
“Everlasting God” (Lincoln Brewster)
– I wanted to go with pretty standard songs this week, since we had a new drummer, so I pulled out some favorites. The congregation seemed to really sing out today! It was great!
“Always” (Kristian Stanfill)
– This was our new song for today, and it comes from Kristian Stanfill as heard on both the new Passion CD and also his own release. I’ve been playing before the service as part of the prelude, so people had heard it before. It’s really a powerful song based that celebrates who God is as our Helper. I had someone read part of Psalm 121 before we did it. If you’re not familiar with it – check it out!
“How He Loves” (John Mark McMillan)
– Such a powerful song!
“Lord Reign In Me” (Brenton Brown)
– It has been a long time since we used this one on Sunday morning! But, it seemed to fit with Pastor Tim’s message, and it is a great song! I’ve taken this song faster, but we slowed it down today, and it seemed to work great!
Cafe Connection Service
Zack led the team in the Cafe today, which consisted of Zack on guitar, Mari singing, Jake on bass and Chris on percussion. Zack’s picks were great, and the crowd was a lot bigger than normal. Seems like the summer trend to “come early, so you can have the whole day” is here. Great for the Cafe! You can see the Planning Center details for this service.
“Awesome is the Lord Most High” (Jon Abel, Chris Tomlin)
“As It Is In Heaven” (Matt Maher, Ed Cash)
– A great song based on the Lord’s Prayer from Matt Maher!
“How Can I Keep From Singing” (Chris Tomlin)
“How Great Is The Love” (Paul Baloche and Meridith Andrews)
I had to do a quick re-planning of this service after our rehearsal Thursday when we added some special music from a special guest who was visiting. Linda Mentik is a wonderful soprano singer who used to attend Bethel and help to lead this Traditional service. She is blind, so she uses this neat little machine to help her with the lyrics. She did a great job! You can watch the video of this service and see the Planning Center details.
“All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name”
“Crown Him King of Kings”
“Crown Him With Many Crowns”
“God Has Spoken By His Prophets”
“Standing On The Promises”