- “Open the Eyes of My Heart” (Paul Baloche)
- It’s been a while since we’ve done this song, but I discovered a different arrangement of this song recently on “Arise: A New Celebration of Worship” and thought it gave it a new energy.
- “Let the Praises Ring” (Lincoln Brewster)
- “Christ Is Risen” (Matt Maher, Mia Fieldes)
- This was the first time doing this song here for us, and people really responded to it! I’m hoping to teach it to people now so we can know it well by Easter. We also added in the loop from Praise Charts for this song, which added a lot!
- “You Never Let Go” (Matt Redman and Beth Redman)
We tried a whole new order of service today, with the goal of improving the flow of the service. Instead of having the songs at several portions throughout the service, we put all of the songs at the beginning, offering/announcements in the middle and message at the end. I loved the longer worship set (the music portion) at the start, and it seemed to really help people stay connected with what was going on rather than having to start over each time we start to sing. You can watch the video of this service and see the Planning Center details.
Cafe Connection Service
- “Awesome Is the Lord Most High” (Chris Tomlin, Jon Abel)
- “Rock of Ages You Will Stand” (Paul Baloche and Brenton Brown)
- “My Savior Lives” (Glenn Packiam and Jon Egan)
- “You Never Let Go” (Matt and Beth Redman)
Zack led the team in the Cafe this morning, and it was so nice to have a full team again with percussion, guitar and bass. John also joined the team this morning as a vocalist, and did a great job!! You can see the Planning Center details for this service.
- “Holy God, We Praise Thy Name”
- “My Faith Has Found a Resting Place”
- “My Faith Looks Up To Thee”
- “By Faith” (Keith and Kristyn Getty, Stuart Townend)
- “I Know Whom I Have Believed”
Pastor Tim’s message today was on “The Faith Factor”, and as you can see, there are plenty of great hymns in that area. But, I also introduced a modern hymn written by the Gettys that fit perfectly as well. “By Faith” is a great hymn that speaks about living a life of faith, and how God has provided in the past for His people of faith. You can see the Planning Center details and the video of this service.
This post is part of the Sunday Setlist blog carnival over at The Worship Community, where worship leaders share recaps and setlists from this weekend’s worship services. Thanks for reading, and I hope you also had a great weekend of worship!
One thought on “Sunday Recap – February 19, 2012”
Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to be financially
stable? Or do you want to expand your business?
We offer company loan, Auto loan, Business loan,and
personal loan at a very reduce interest rate of 3%,
with comfortable duration which is negotiable. This offer is
open to all that will be able to repay back in due
time.Get back to us if
interested with this Email: email@example.com