We had a wonderful time of worship this morning and a celebration of Mother’s Day at Bethel. For Mother’s Day, we used the Card For Mom Countdown, from Shift Worship before the service, and then The Mom Song video from The Skit Guys during the offering. Both received a very good response – they were great! We’re going through the book of Romans in church, and today we went through Chapter 7, with a message called “Fighting A Dead Man”. This post is part of the Sunday Setlist blog carnival at The Worship Community.
Our team today did a great job! We only had 2 singers on the team, versus 3-4 as we normally have. We still had 3 pt harmony, though with a couple of guys in the band singing as well. It was a nice tight sound, though. How many singers do you normally have on your team? You can see the Planning Center details and watch the video of this service.
“Praise Him” (Klaus Kuehn and Thomas Miller)
– We introduced this new song today from Gateway Worship’s God Be Praised album. I was looking for a new fast, upbeat opener and this song worked great! It’s easy to learn, and the words are right from the Psalms! I read Psalm 98:7 as an intro to it.
“Glorified” (Jared Anderson)
– Another one of my recent favorites – such a great song to use as we begin to sing our praises to Him. Our church knows it well now, so it was great to see everyone singing it out!
“Forever Reign” (Jason Ingram and Reuben Morgan)
– Getting to be a classic! Powerful worship song.
“You Alone Can Rescue” (Matt Redman and Jonas Myrin)
– I wasn’t originally planning on using this song today, but our pastor asked if we could do it, because it tied in great with his last point. He was right – it was a perfect way to end the service today. We go back and forth using the Passion version and the version we used today, which is Matt Redman’s original version on “We Will Not Be Shaken”. I like the piano intro on this version, and today I actually tried playing that piano lick on the last chorus too, which I hadn’t done before.
Cafe Connection Service
Zack led the team today in the Cafe, with Brenda singing, Chris on percussion and Jake on bass. It was Curt’s first time on sound and Makenzie’s first time on Easy Worship. The crew did great! You can see the Planning Center details for this service.
“Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)” (Chris Tomlin)
– Zack really nailed the guitar part on this song today, working out some really interesting chord progressions!
“Your Grace Is Enough” (Matt Maher)
“What Can I Do?” (Paul Baloche and Graham Kendrick)
– A morning in the Cafe wouldn’t be complete without at least one Paul Baloche song!
“Lift High” (Steve Fee and Eddie Kirkland)
– Great song by Fee!
“Praise, My Soul, the King of Heaven”
“Praise To The Lord, The Almighty”
“My Jesus, I Love Thee”
“Mother’s Day Hymn”
– I found this hymn several years ago, and we’ve used it pretty much every Mother’s Day since. It’s a hymn that honors mothers at all stages and life and even those who have already went to be with the Lord. It’s set to the familiar HYFRYDOL tune, and written by Gary Tapley. I can send a copy of it to you, if you’d like. Just leave me a comment.
“He Lifted Me”