What a powerful morning of worship today! It was another full morning, with 4 services, communion and a New Attenders meal to top it off!. We introduced the Paul Baloche version of “Today Is The Day”, which went really well! This post is part of the Sunday Setlist blog carnival at The Worship Community, where worship leaders share their recaps from today’s worship services.
Pastor Tim began a new series on Romans today, with the first message coming from Romans 1, “Is God Fair?” It was a great message, and a great start to this new series. Everything went smoothly today, with the exception of a few minor things, which I’ve pointed out below. You can watch the video of this service and also see the Planning Center details.
“Today is The Day” (Lincoln Brewster and Paul Baloche)
– As you probably know, this song made popular by Lincoln Brewster, was actually a co-write with Paul Baloche. We’ve been doing Brewster’s version since it came out, so our congregation knows this song. But, after hearing Paul Baloche and his band do his version at a recent workshop, I remembered how much I liked the feel of his arrangement. So, we worked it up this week, and it went really well this morning! I love the guitar lick you hear at the start, and with the few small changes in the vocal harmonies and chord patterns, it has a whole new feel to it!
“All The Earth” (Wayne Huirua, Andrew Ulugia, Jack Hayford)
– This is an older Parachute Band song from their Amazing project. We did the newer version with the additional second verse. The harmonies on the tag in the this version sound amazing!
“Worthy is The Lamb” (Darlene Zschech)
– Another song from down under this morning, this one’s one of our favorites here. Brenda did a great job on the opening solo, and it’s such a powerful reminder of what Christ did for us on the cross.
“Son of God” (Starfield)
– This is a great song for communion by the group Starfield.
“Jesus Paid It All (Alvina Hall, Alex Nifong)
– This is the version from the Passion album Everything Glorious. It starts with the traditional hymn, then adds the new chorus on the end. Well, we rehearsed the whole song, but with the timing of how communion worked, we didn’t get to the new part of the song! We had a little trouble starting this one at the 9:30 service; not quite sure what happened, but we weren’t together, and it was one of those – OK, start singing now, and we’ll catch up, near train-wreck moments. Ooops! It went much better at 11:00.
Cafe Connection Service
Zack led the team today in the Cafe, along with Bekah on vocals and Jake on everything else (acoustic bass, mandolin, even pan flute today, almost….) Thanks to Susan for filling in on the Easy Worship, and Justin for doing sound today! And of course to the great Connecting Team – Patti and all – thanks for making that service so special!! You can see the Planning Center details for this service.
“Your Love Never Fails” (Chris McClarney, Anthony Skinner)
– A great song by Jesus Culture! If you haven’t heard this one, check it out!
“Love Is Here” (Tenth Avenue North)
– Zack sounded great on the guitar with this one. That guy is so talented!
I led the team today in this service from the piano. In addition to the hymns, I also played a piano offertory – piano arrangement of “I Need Thee Every Hour/What A Friend We Have In Jesus”. You can see the Planning Center details for this service.
“Holy, Holy, Holy! Lord God Almighty!”
“This Is My Father’s World”
“Fairest Lord Jesus”
“Worthy is The Lamb”
“Lamb of Glory”