We had a great morning of worship today at Bethel! Pastor Tim continued his Christmas series on John 1:14, and it was good to back into our regular routine after a break last week for “Back To The Manger”, our kid’s Christmas musical. We used a neat countdown video this morning, “Nativity Sketches Countdown” from ShiftWorship (one of the best places for media, in my opinion!) This post is part of the Sunday Setlist blog carnival at The Worship Community, where you can read other recaps from around the world.
We had the worship choir sing today along with the worship team and band, and they did a great job! You can see the video of this service, along with the Planning Center details.
“O Come, All Ye Faithful” (Praise Carols)
– Bekah did a super job on the solo (even though she wasn’t feeling the greatest!). It was a nice way to start the service.
“Angels We Have Heard on High” (Chris Tomlin’s version)
– Like most of the songs from Chris Tomlin’s newest Christmas CD, this arrangement is very congregationally-friendly. No surprises, yet different enough to give it a contemporary sound.
“My Soul Magnifies the Lord” (Chris Tomlin and Daniel Carson)
– This is one of my favorites from Tomlin’s release. Not familiar to the congregation, so it was more of a special, but many were able to pick it up and join in.
“I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day” (Casting Crowns)
– Marv nailed the solo on this one! We used our worship choir as the choir on the “Peace on Earth” part to this one. Such a great song!
“Glory in the Highest” (Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Ed Cash, Jesse Reeves)
– Another one of Tomlin’s, but again, these songs are so singer-friendly that even though people weren’t that familiar with the song, people were singing out and worshiping so demonstratively on this song. We had many comments after the service that people were so touched by that song, some couldn’t stop crying. It was powerful!
Cafe Connection Service
Adam led the team in the Cafe service this morning, and picked out some great songs. You can see the Planning Center details from this service.
“O Come All Ye Faithful” (Third Day)
“Angels We Have Heard on High” (Chris Tomlin)
“Away In A Manger” (Casting Crowns)
“O Holy Night” (Mercy Me)
We sang some great carols this morning, and Rick did a super job on special music, with “Joseph’s Song”, one of my favorites! You can see the video of this service and the Planning Center details.
“Angels From the Realms of Glory”
“Angels We Have Heard on High”
“Hark the Herald Angels Sing”
“The First Noel”
“What Child Is This”
“Joseph’s Song” (Michael Card) – special music
“Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne”
Thanks for reading, and I hope you all had a great morning of worship!
2 thoughts on “Sunday Recap – December 19, 2010”
Good stuff Barry. We had a good fun service today as well.