This morning was the final Sunday in our series on Stewardship, and it was a powerful way to end. We finished up talking about “A Tithe of Treasure” with a series of songs, the message with two videos, and a unique way for us to do the offering to close it out. We had our fourth and final video testimony from Alice Reimer, one of our congregants. These videos were produced by Brian Thompson, who is a professional videographer here in Janesville. He and his wife Barbara have done an excellent job producing videos for us, and are actually on their way to the mission field to produce videos for missionaries in Hungary. You can learn more about their ministry at their website.
The other video we used just before we took the offering was one of the best ones that I’ve seen in relation to giving. It’s called “The Plate”, from Restoration Videos. It shows what happens with the offering once it’s put in the plate. Very powerful!!
After that, we issued the church a 90 Day Tithing challenge, asking people to commit to tithe for the next 90 days as a response to this whole series. We had the offering plates at the front on tables, and as the worship team sang, people were asked to bring their offering and tithing commitments forward. It was so powerful to see people, families, kids bring their offering up and place them in the plate as a sacrifice.
“Love the Lord” (Lincoln Brewster)
“Glorified” (Jared Anderson)
– This song is quickly becoming one our favorites – easy to sing, great lyrics, and moving melody.
“Everlasting God” (Brenton Brown)
– We did the Lincoln Brewster version this morning, except we changed the ending. We went through the guitar solo, but then instead of ending with Lincoln’s version, which I think can be confusing for the congregation, we just ended with the chorus twice. It worked much better, and allowed the congregation to continue singing with confidence.
“Forever Reign” (Jason Ingram, Reuben Morgan)
– Another one of our current favorites!
“Open Hands” (Matt Papa)
– I love this song, and we used it today as people brought their offerings up to the front. It fit perfectly, and tied in so well with the message. If you’re not familiar with this one – check it out!
“You, You Are God” (Walker Beach)
– From Gateway Worship’s Living For You album. Good way to end, following what just took place in the service. Nice high-energy powerful way to close it out! We usually use this one as an opener, but works great as a response song, too!
Cafe Connection Service
Adam led the team this morning in the Cafe, and from what I heard, they did a great job!! Here’s the songs he picked out:
“Blessed Be Your Name” (Matt and Beth Redman)
“Forever” (Chris Tomlin)
“Offering” (Paul Baloche)
“Mighty To Save” (Ben Fielding and Reuben Morgan)
You can see the Planning Center details for this service.
“Rejoice, Ye Pure In Heart”
“Count Your Blessings”
“My Savior’s Love”
“I’d Rather Have Jesus”
“Something For Thee”
“Living For Jesus”