We had a very full day of worship at Bethel, with our morning services plus a special Pie and Praise Thanksgiving Service in the evening. Everyone did a great job on all the teams!! This was the third week in our series on Stewardship, and we had another video testimony on our focus for today, which was “A Tithe of Treasure”. Sue Whitson did a great job on that!
“Let God Arise” (Chris Tomlin)
– Even this is not a new song, it was the first time we’ve done it here. I thought it would be trickier to put together, but it’s actually an easy song to learn, and it went pretty well.
“Glory To God Forever” (Steve Fee and Vicky Beeching)
– One of my favorites, and the bridge really fit well with our theme of stewardship – “take my life and let it be all for You and for Your glory”
“Surrender” (Marc James)
– A beautiful song of surrender, and with the lyrics, the instrumental guitar solo and the moving melody, it was a powerful moment in the service.
“Lord Over All” (Gary Sadler)
– An older song, but still a great song of commitment and dedication to make Jesus Lord over all.
Cafe Connection Service
“Our God Saves” (Paul Baloche, Brenton Brown)
“How Can I Keep From Singing” (Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Ed Cash)
– This was the first time we’ve used this song, and the Cafe team did a great job! I’ll have to consider this one for our Contemporary services.
“Glorious One” (Steve Fee)
“The Heart of Worship” (Matt Redman)
You can see the Planning Center details for this service.
Pie and Praise Service (Thanksgiving Service)
This service takes place the Sunday night before Thanksgiving, and it typically consists of music, testimonies, and videos all related to Thanksgiving. The testimony time includes both some prepared testimonies from people in the church, as well as some open-mic times for people to share from the congregation. Last night’s service was great! We used the Thanksgiving Verses Countdown at the start, and then “The First Thanksgiving” video by The Skit Guys (which is hilarious, by the way!!). The testimonies were very powerful, and the worship team did a great job!
“New Doxology” (Thomas Ken and Thomas Miller)
– This song is on Gateway Music’s “Wake Up the World” album, and it’s the first time we’ve used it. It really is a neat way to incorporate the familiar tune and words to the Doxology that we all know into a contemporary feel. They include several verses, with an original chorus. Very nice!
“Forever” (Chris Tomlin)
– An oldie, but a goodie! We read Psalm 136 before this, with the congregation echoing the pastor on “His Love Endures Forever”.
“We Will Remember” (Tommy Walker)
– This has become a song that we do each year at this service. It’s such a powerful song, and the words lend themselves so well to a service like this. With the congregation’s response to this song, it was a highlight of the night!
“How Great Is The Love” (Paul Baloche and Meredith Andrews)
– This was also the first time we’ve used this song before, and it’s really a great song! Zack and Bekah sang the first verse as a duet, then we all joined in for the rest. Powerful words and melody.
“You Never Let Go” (Matt Redman)
– One of our congregation’s favorites!
“We Praise Thee, O God, Our Redeemer”
“For the Beauty of the Earth”
“I Am Thine, O Lord”
“Take My Life and Let It Be”
“I Surrender All”