We had an eventful morning at Bethel during our worship services! Through it all, God was faithful, and He came through for us in all these circumstances, but Satan was hard at work this morning in throwing every obstacle he could today to keep us from worshiping! It all started at 7:00 am when I turned on the main projector in the sanctuary, and the lamp inside exploded! I called Eric, our custodian, and he came to the rescue, getting a different lamp installed in time for the service. Then, just minutes before our Cafe service was to start, someone came in and said the video feed wasn’t working. Again, within a few minutes of that service starting, we figured out which cable was bad and replaced it. Then, our camera operator for the first service didn’t come, so I had to jump back and run those for part of the service. Then, one of our worship team members (who had a solo, of course…) was sick and couldn’t sing for our last service, but another singer on our team filled in. So, it was anything but smooth – but, God met all of our needs, and still His name was praised!!
Also, Pastor Tim began a new series today called “Stewards of the King”, which looks to be a great series on stewardship. Each week, we’ll be sharing a video testimony from someone in our congregation. This week, Todd Berg shared his testimony on how God has called him to serve others with “A Tithe of Time.”
“Let the Praises Ring” (Lincoln Brewster)
– Zack did an awesome job on the guitar solo today! The band sounded great as started the service with this upbeat opener. Unfortunately, the livestream mix wasn’t the greatest this week, and the electric guitar doesn’t come through too well.
“A Mighty Fortress” (Christy Nockels and Nathan Nockels)
– This was the song that Shanna sang in the 9:30, but was not able to sing at 11:00. The livestream recorded the 11:00, where Bekah stood in for the solo. They both did a great job!
“The Stand” (Joel Houston)
– A great song!
“How Deep the Father’s Love For Us” (Stuart Townend)
– The words to this one get me every time! What a powerful song, and I love this version by Sarah Sadler.
“Beautiful the Blood” (Steve Fee and Louie Giglio)
– One of my newest favorite songs to use for communion!
Cafe Connection Service
“Love Is Here” (Tenth Avenue North)
– This was a new song for us this week. Zack was leading in the Cafe this week, and he chose this song. Their team did a great job! I’ve included a little video I took this morning during sound check.
“Awesome Is the Lord Most High” (Chris Tomlin)
“Mighty Is the Power of the Cross” (Chris Tomlin)
“Offering” (Paul Baloche)
You can see the Planning Center details for this service.
“O Worship The King”
“He Lifted Me”
“Behold the Lamb (The Communion Song)” (Keith Getty and Stuart Townend)
– This song is wonderful! It was written in 2007, and is another great song for Communion. Jeanne did a beautiful job on the solo! If you haven’t heard this one yet, it’s worth a listen.
“There Is A Fountain”