Along with the date being 10/10/10 (kind of a cool date), and our 18th wedding anniversary, we had a wonderful morning of worship at Bethel this morning! It was also an important day in the life of our church as we licensed and installed our new youth pastor, Andrew Moffitt. This post is part of the Sunday Setlist blog carnival at The Worship Community. Check that out to read other posts from worship leaders around the country.
Contemporary Worship Services
We had the worship choir join our team this morning, and the extra voices really added to the energy and sound. We also introduced a new song today, “Overcome” by New Life Worship. What a great song! You can watch the video of this service, and see the Planning Center details.
“Glorified” (Jared Anderson)
– We introduced this song last month with the choir, and we added the congregation with us today. This song really works well as a service opener, setting our hearts on worship.
“Better Than Life” (Israel Houghton)
– This is one of my favorite songs to do with the worship choir! It’s such a fun song to sing about God’s loving-kindness.
“Overcome” (Jon Egan)
– Again, such a powerful song about how Jesus is the Overcomer, and through His power, we will overcome. I used Revelation 17:14 and 1 John 4:4-5 during the song for scriptural reference. The congregation really responded amazingly, even for the first week.
“Break Through” (Tommy Walker)
– This was in response to the message, and a great song of hope as we left.
Cafe Connection Service
Zack was the worship leader this morning in our Cafe service, and I played keys and sang along with one other singer. We missed the percussion, though, this morning. He chose some great songs for this morning, and it was a full house! We almost ran out of bagels…
“Open the Eyes of My Heart” (Paul Baloche)
“Majesty (Here I Am)” (Stuart Garrard and Martin Smith)
“Rescue” (Jared Anderson)
“How Great Is The Love” (Meredith Andrews and Paul Baloche)
– We didn’t actually get to this song today, as we ran out of time. But, it’s a great song; I was bummed we didn’t get to do it today.
Rob led the team in the Traditional service this morning. Thanks everyone! You can watch the video of this service, and see the Planning Center details.
“Christ is Made the Sure Foundation”
“I Love To Tell the Story”
“O God Our Help In Ages Past”
“It Is Well With My Soul”
“Since Jesus Came Into My Heart”
3 thoughts on “Worship Recap – October 10, 2010”
dude I don’t know what I would have done had I ran out bagels. Heart breaker right there. 😉
Congrats on your anniversary!
I know – that would have been a tragedy!! (LOL)
Thanks for the congrats!
Won’t be there Tuesday, so talk to you next week!
Bummer you won’t be there.