We had a great morning of worship at Bethel today! After our outdoor service last week, this was kind of our fall kickoff Sunday, with the new Growth Groups and a new message series on Genesis all taking place today. We also had our Worship Choir sing along with the worship team in the Contemporary Services, which is always a special treat! In addition, we had an amazing group of teenagers sing the Barlow Girls song “Never Alone”. They did an awesome job!!
This entry is part of the Sunday Setlist blog carnival over at The Worship Community where you can read worship recaps from around the country. You can watch the video of our service from today here!
Glorified (Jared Anderson) – Walk-in Song
– This was a new concept and a new song for us today. We don’t normally do a walk-in song, but with the girls doing their special as the closing song, and the choir today, I wanted to give the choir a chance to sing as well. So, 5 minutes before the service start time, we did this song, with the words on the screen. Some sang along, and some just watched, both of which are fine. Do any of you include a song like this before the service? This was a great new song, and both the band and choir really enjoyed doing it!
Blessed (Reuben Morgan and Darlene Zschech)
– This is one of our worship choir’s favorite songs to do, and a great way to start the service!
You Are Good (Israel Houghton)
– It’s been a while since we’ve pulled this one out, but what a great, high-energy song of praise!
Forever Reign (Jason Ingram and Reuben Morgan)
– This is the second time we’ve done this one, and what a great song it is!! People really were responding to the truth that we can run to His arms, and that He is on the throne.
Never Alone (Barlow Girls)
– What a cool way to end our service! This song was done by three high school girls on vocals and one high school girls playing piano. They really sounded great on the tight harmonies, and they performed it very well! They actually just sang it at our high school talent show the night before. You should check out the LiveStream video just for this song!
Cafe Connection Service
Adam led the team this week, and it was a full house again! I’m so glad to see this service taking off. We had a new singer join our team this week, as well as a new Easy Worship operator.
Glorious One (Steve Fee and Vicky Beeching)
Here I Am To Worship (Tim Hughes)
Give Us Clean Hands (Charlie Hall)
What Can I Do (Graham Kendrick and Paul Baloche)
Come Thou Almighty King
Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee
My Hope Is In the Lord
I’d Rather Have Jesus
One thought on “Sunday Recap – September 19, 2010”