We had an amazing worship celebration this morning! Besides singing some great songs, we ended our services today with a baptism service. We had 13 people baptized this morning, which was the largest group we’ve had. One of those 13 was my daughter, Emily (9), and I got to baptize her! What a special blessing! I was so proud of her, and I actually held it together and held back the tears! So, for me this morning, that was definitely the highlight!
But, for those of you reading this Sunday Setlist blog entry, I’ll try to focus on the rest of the service!
- Because Of Your Love (Paul Baloche, Brenton Brown)
- We opened up with this one, and it went great, but it wasn’t the typical way we’ve done it. Our electric guitar player, Zack, was on acoustic today, so our sax player was playing the lead parts today. The solo part in the middle sounded just as sweet with the sax as it does with the electric, just a bit different.
- Glorious One (Steve Fee)
- Great song!
- Fairest (with Fairest Lord Jesus) (Glenn Packiam)
- This has been one of my favorite contemporary hymn arrangements that we’ve done. The verses are very familiar, so the congregation can sing them out, and the new chorus is great, and easy to learn!
- The Words I Would Say (Sidewalk Prophets)
- We had a group of 7 teenage girls do this song with piano as special music. It was so good to get more of the youth involved singing in our service, and they did a great job!!
- May the Words of My Mouth (Tim Hughes)
- This is an older song, but it really fit our theme today, and people knew it well, so they could sing it out!
Overall, the songs we did today were a bit older, but once in a while I like to do that, just so the people don’t have to worry about learning anything new and can just worship. With the 13 baptisms at the end (including my daughters!), it was a wonderful morning!!