What a great morning of celebration at Bethel yesterday for Easter! We had three services, and close to 700 people! God was really moving yesterday, and people were especially excited and ready to worship and praise our risen Lord! The only downer for me was that I lost my voice Thursday just before our full night of rehearsals for the weekend services, so I had no singing voice at all for our Good Friday service or the services yesterday. But, we have a great team, and several people stepped up and took the lead parts in many of the songs, and they did a great job! I had enough of a voice to get out the verbal transitions between songs, but then I just played the keys during the songs. So, it was quite different for me, but God really used that experience to remind me that He is in control, and He provides for our needs.
Good Friday Service
– Our theme this year was “The Sounds of the Cross”, so besides the music and communion, our other 3 pastors each did a 10 minute talk on the different sounds of the cross: the hammer and nails, the cries of the crowd, and the tearing of the veil. We ended each segment with the actual sound from the back of the room. It was very powerful. We also used a countdown video and another video called “The Veil” to setup the last talk.
– Our songs for this service:
- Here I Am To Worship (Hughes)
- This Is How We Know (Matt Redman)
- Remembrance (The Communion Song) (Matt Maher/Matt Redman)
- When I Survey (Kathryn Scott’s version from His Passion CD)
- You Gave Your Life Away (Paul Baloche – his new version from the Easter EP)
- Jesus Messiah (Chris Tomlin)
– We used an Easter Countdown video, and then an Easter Morning Intro video. We also used a video later in the service called “Alive”, which was very powerful. Our Children’s Pastor did a great job with a short 10 minute message with the kids.
– Our songs:
- My Savior Lives (Jon Egan and Glenn Packiam)
- Alive Forever Amen (Travis Cottrell)
- This was one of the highlights! We had our worship choir this morning as well, and together with the band they were rockin!!
- Stronger (Ben Fielding and Reuben Morgan)
- Glorious (Paul Baloche)
- Happy Day (Tim Hughes)
I hope your Easter services were wonderful! He is risen!!
You can see other setlists by visiting The Worship Community’s Sunday Setlist