I’m a little late this week getting my Sunday Setlist posted, but here it is! Our pastor was talking about marriage today from Genesis 24. Usually, I try to tie at least one of our songs into the message, but today, I just felt it was more appropriate, especially with Communion today, to just sing some more general songs of worship and praise, and focus on Communion at the end.
It Is You – Peter Furler
– This is a song our congregation knows well, and serves as a great call to worship! We do it in C (Am). I opened with reading the first few verses of Psalm 63, which speaks to lifting your hands in the sanctuary, which set up the lyrics to this song very well.
Blessed Be Your Name – Matt and Beth Redman
– Another standard for us, but I really wanted to give our congregation to just worship with all their hearts and souls and minds as we started this morning. We loosely follow the Tree63 version of this song. I love the intro!
Our God – Chris Tomlin and others
– Third time for this song for us. People caught on to the chorus the first or second time we did this.This week people really knew the song well, and were able to sing it out!
Then, after the message, for Communion, we did:
Son of God – Starfield
– I have always loved this song, and it fits so well just before Communion.
You Are My King (Amazing Love) – Billy Foote
– One of my all-time favorite songs to use during Communion.
Grace Flows Down – David E. Bell, Louie Giglio, Rod Padgett
– A nice, quiet, simple song we used during the cup.